Thursday, February 19, 2009

25 Facts About Maggie

Here twenty-five interesting things about me.

  1. The first bunch of flowers that I have ever received from a boy was on Valentine's Day this year.
  2. I love potatoes. If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would be potato salad.
  3. You haven't eaten potato salad until you've tried mine.
  4. When I was 7 or 8 I thought it'd be fun to wear glasses, so before going to the optometrist I'd always cross my eyes on purpose, hoping that it would make me need glasses. Now, I'm as blind as a bat and it sucks!
  5. I want Shania Twain's "From This Moment" to be played at my wedding.
  6. I once wondered about the existence of a God and heaven when my dog died. I was 20.
  7. I prefer a card or letter with a heartfelt and sentimental message over a diamond necklace. I honestly don't place much importance on receiving presents.
  8. I do, however, like giving them, and am very good at picking presents for people.
  9. On saying number 7, I remember getting a can of spaghetti for Christmas from my parents. I was 7 or so and couldn't help but feel just a little disappointed.
  10. In primary school, the students would put on an "operetta" (musical) every year. I secretly wanted a lead role, but was too shy to audition.
  11. I hate being the centre of attention and am deathly afraid of public speaking.
  12. This makes me wonder why I became a teacher.
  13. When I think about my boyfriend sometimes that song from the Sound of Music come to mind. (The one at the end which Captain Von Trapp and Maria sing when they finally realise they love each other)
  14. I think smoking is a disgusting habit, but sometimes just can't help myself.
  15. I've tried internet dating and did meet nice normal people.
  16. Having grown up in a predominantly white neighbourhood and being an Asian kid in primary school I used to wish I had blonde hair and blue eyes, and hated speaking Cantonese in public.
  17. I now realise how stupid that was and am pretty proud that I can speak more than one language.
  18. I'm currently training to run 10km.
  19. I had a girl crush in university.
  20. I did my year 10 work experience at a veterinary hospital, where I made an unconscious rottweiler slide off an operating table that I had leaned on (the table moved like a see-saw, which I didn't know). As there was no one in the room but me, I panicked and tried to drag the dog back onto the table, but failed miserably.
  21. I still keep in touch with my first lover (as friends, of course).
  22. I love Snoopy comics. Charles M. Schulz (the creator) made me want to be a cartoonist when I was a kid and I was so sad when he died.
  23. I used to want to be a career woman - get paid a shitload, wear nice clothes and drive a nice car. The thought of being married and having kids did not appeal to me at all. Now the idea of being a housewife doesn't sound so bad to me.
  24. I don't understand why or how people can hurt their partners by cheating on them.
  25. I've never been happier with my life than I am now.

ps - I tag you Scott.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Other than Shania Twain, that is about the greatest list ever! haha
#25 is wonderful. Wish more people were this positive, including me.
Lorne