DELI-STYLE COLD PASTA RECIPE (serves 2 very hungry people!)
- 200g shell pasta
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- half a yellow capsicum, chopped
- a few chunks of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- a few leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- Italian dressing
- basil pesto
- 1/4 of a chicken breast
- Cook the pasta al dente, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Pan-fry the eggplant and capsicum until the eggplant is soft. Season with salt if you want. Set aside in a bowl.
- Pan-fry the chicken. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper if you want. Cut into small chunks.
- In a small bowl, mix about 100 ml of Italian dressing with one and a half teaspoons of basil pesto.
- Mix the pasta, dressing, and all the other ingredients together in a large bowl. Refrigerate and serve cold.